Saturday, March 22, 2014

Another Amazon Censorship Crisis

UPDATE: I've sent Amazon an email, hopefully they'll respond soon. If they just let me resubmit my books, I'll be satisfied, I guess.

Sigh. This is turning out to be a tough week; first I had minor surgery just a few days ago, then I spent all day yesterday driving across the state in a crowded pickup, and now when I finally get home, I find out that Amazon has blocked two more of my ebooks.

Every time before they only put my ebooks back into draft status, which meant I could still edit them, and maybe fix whatever it was that was ticking off their censors. But now they've outright blocked Angela's Last Resort 1 & 2, pretty much ruining my series, at least on their site. And since they are now blocked entirely, I can't even edit them and fix the issue.

I'm not really sure what to do at the moment; if I resubmit them, with a different synopsis they might accept them, or they might get annoyed and block my whole account. Impossible to know. Both have been up on the site for months now, and suddenly they aren't good enough for Amazon. (Not that Amazon is offering to return the +30% they took from each sale, of course.)

Until I figure out what to do, I can't really mentally focus on writing. Sorry. I'll try to keep this hiatus short. Hopefully I'll figure something out. For now though, if you want to purchase these blocked ebooks, they are still available at the following links:

Angela's Last Resort

Angela's Last Resort 2

I even have a new, fun little mind control story in the works. All day long I've just wanted to get home and finish it for Free Fiction Friday. And then this happens, again. :-(

I'm too glum and tired to think about this anymore. I'll see you all later, hopefully soon. Sorry about all this.

- Tabitha Kohls, who is feeling very disheartened at the moment. And regretting not buying a gallon of ice cream on the way home.

3 comments:

  1. Love your books! Please don't let the man keep you down! Sending ice cream vibes your way and will happily await any new books. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be putting the Last Resort books all together in one collection? Amazon does have issues with the genre you publish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually just working on bundling them together last night. I think so long as I avoid certain words in the synopsis and certain keywords/tags, Amazon will ignore it. But we'll just have to wait and see to be sure.

      - Tabby

      Delete